Clay Field Therapy, Counselling and Initiatic Art Therapy for behaviour change.
Working towards happier, healthier, safer communities
Storm Insight provides opportunity for reflection, healing and personal growth
Inviting individuals and couples to take up opportunities for inner work, including reworking unsatisfactory past events and completing any unfinished business that can be holding them back. Working with Sensorimotor Art Therapy involves working with children, adolescents, or adults (to access the inner child within) to engage in a process that actively works on any "unfinished business" or heal from past trauma that may be impeding one's ability to live a fulfilling and happy life.
Sensorimotor Art Therapy incorporates Somatic Experiencing, Jungian Depth Psychology, Transpersonal Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Meditation and Bodywork. (Cornelia Elbrecht, 2012) and involves such modalities as Work at the Clayfield, Initiatic Art Therapy techniques, and Guided Drawing.
Behaviour change is possible
Storm Insight believes that people can and do change their behaviour to create an environment that is happier, healthier and safer for themselves and those around them.
Often people try many times to change behaviours that they no longer wish to engage in. Whilst the intention is there, the ability to shift can be somewhat difficult. Art Therapy might provide the answer you have been seeking.
How can I change?
Working with a range of modalities people can explore various aspects of their lives and themselves in their own unique journeys.
- Learn how your thoughts and beliefs can influence how you relate and engage with others
- Explore opportunities to shift the stored memories of the past that might be impacting on how you relate to the world today
- Explore ways in which you can strengthen your self and your life
- Process your experiences in a safe and supportive environment
- Use creative and innovative techniques to work towards becoming the person you want to be.
Is safety an issue?
Sometimes the choices we make on how we relate to others actually damages them, us and the relationship. Does this apply to you? Read on to see if you answer yes to any of these questions:
and did you know that
- Is someone in your life afraid of you?
- Do you keep finding yourself in difficult relationships?
- Do you feel embarrassed or ashamed of how you treat others?
- Do you wish you could be living your life differently?
- Would you like a chance to strengthen your resilience and well being?
- Have you tried lots of strategies but keep going back to old ways of doing and being?
- Everyday you make choices based on how you can get your various needs met
- You are the one responsible for those choices and their outcomes
- You have the ability to positively impact on the world around you
- If you develop a broader range of choices in how you connect and relate - you can make choices that have happier, healthier and safer outcomes for all, including you!
For further information on any of my services or to book a session, Call Chris at Storm Insight on
0418 432 362
(eligible Medibank Private members may be entitled to a benefit and Storm Insight is a registered provider of Therapeutic Supports with NDIS)
Chris is a Registered Initiatic Art Therapist and Behaviour Change Practitioner that utilises several modalities in order to accommodate individual needs. With over 30 years of experience in working with children, adolescents, women, men and families, she now uses her experience in her work to inform and support understanding and healing. Recent years has found Chris developing specialist expertise in Work at the Clay Field®, a sensorimotor therapeutic process that assists in processing past experiences without retraumatisation. The therapeutic process involved in this work can be readily accessed by children, women, men and couples and becomes an exciting modality for assisting people to work through any unfinished business, past trauma, and personal histories leading to opportunities for opening up possibilities for change.QUALIFICATION DETAILS
B.Arts, (Sociology). Professional Associations
Grad Dip.Experiential Learning & Development.(Youth & Wilderness stream).
M.Ed., Exp.Learning & Development.
Grad Cert Soc.Sc (Male Family Violence)
Grad Dip Counselling (Addictions, Grief and Loss, Family Therapy)
Post Graduate studies Certificate Initiatic Art Therapy
Post Graduate studies Certificate Work at the Clayfield
Post Graduate studies Diploma Initiatic Art Therapy
Somatic Experiencing (Intermediate Level completed and ongoing study)
Prof.MACATA (Australian Creative Arts Therapies Association)
Professional ANZATA (Australia and New Zealand Arts Therapy Association)
MACA (Australian Counselling Association)
NTV (No To Violence)
IGL (Institute of Group Leaders)